How can I win at Sweepstakes?


Interview about Find Sweepstakes; this is a great FAQ for newcomers to this blog! 

Why did you start Find Sweepstakes?

Well, I like everyone and anyone would probably take a car or a vacation if it was given to me. That is essentially what these big companies are doing but you have to let them know that you want the car, vacation, the bundle of cash; whatever it is that they are giving away.

Who are some of the companies that are doing this and why?
Almost every big company is giving something away at any given time. I can answer the question “why” in one word: advertising. Marketing and advertising is a huge expenditure for companies and sweepstakes work for them to connect with people. Sweepstakes attract new customers and creates loyalty with their current customers. Companies also glean information such as names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. 

Do people like to share this information, and do they enter “correct” of “fake” information?
Usually the offer is big enough to entice people to share their information and of course, most of the time it is correct as the people want to be able to be connected with in the case that they are a winner.

Isn’t it a lot of work to enter all of this information on the application form?
That’s one of the things I check for before offering a sweepstakes link on the site. If it takes a long time to enter the information, if you have to go through several web pages, stand on your head, and other time consuming things,  I move on. The beauty of Find Sweepstakes is I only offer links to offers that you can quickly enter your brief information and get out and on with what you were doing in you day. Just enter the information and wait until you get an email or phone call stating that you’ve won.

Don’t you get a ton of phone calls and emails when you complete these forms?
You will get calls and emails; usually lots of emails because it’s easier for the companies to use emails. There are ways “around” all of this as I share tips in my book, Win Online Sweepstakes, the Quick and Easy Method.

Did you know that it would be this successful?
I didn’t really. I just thought since I was working to search out and find a few sweeps that I could participate in on a weekly basis, that I may as well let others in on my findings, and creating Find Sweepstakes was that outlet. By publishing it now on a consistent weekly basis, readership has grown.

Do you make money offering these links to your readers?
I don’t have any association with the companies that offer these sweepstakes, unless of course they happen to be an advertiser on the site and I would then make something from having them as a sponsor of the site. I just find good sweepstakes and if they qualify, they are listed for my readers.

Have companies contacted Find Sweepstakes to be listed?
No, the site probably isn’t big enough to attract their attention and even if they did, I would still have to go through the process to see if their sweeps qualifies as a listing for my readers.

Why only offer 5 links of sweepstake offers per week?
It’s all about time, for both me and the reader. It’s takes me much more time to go through the “junk” and expired sweepstakes to find those that don’t ask for so much information from you, offer you something really decent, and doesn’t take so much time to fill out the form. This is all meant to be a short fun exercise to set your ship out every week and wait for your ship to come in. It’s just a matter of time and you’ll see results. You just need to be consistent and having just 5 offers per week; good offers, it becomes “routine” but not boring!

What do you do to find these sweepstakes?
Well, I do have some proprietary secrets to find the best one’s out there but be assured, I don’t like spending all of my time doing this; it has to be quick and fun for me for it to be quick and fun for my readers!

Do you think you’ll ever run out of these good sweepstake opportunities? I’m thinking that as long as there are companies that want to get their products and services known and remembered by the public, (kept in the minds of their customers and prospective customers) that sweepstakes will be here.

What do you look for in a Sweepstakes; what criteria do you use for them to qualify to be available on Find Sweepstakes?
The companies have to be “legit”, the sweepstakes has to have value, and it has to be easy and hassle free for my readers to sign up.


Why don’t your readers just find these and do this themselves; why do the need to come back each week to see what you offer at Find Sweepstakes?
I’m sure that there are some real avid “sweepsters” out there that do this and some will find the same one’s that I find and offer. But with Find Sweepstakes I take all of the work out of it and again, with Find Sweepstakes, it’s easy to be consistent with 5 sweeps a week. When you do this on your own you may get 5 one week, maybe 10 the next week and then not do anything for several weeks. Being consistent and persistent is what works; and Find Sweepstakes does that for people. I’m sure that there are people doing it on their own along with using Find Sweepstakes; which is good because they will keep on track that way.

Does this really work; do people really win this stuff?
Absolutely, or the companies wouldn’t spend the money or ink to produce the ads.

What do you look for in a Sweepstakes offer that merits having it put on Find Sweepstakes site?
I’ve already mentioned a few essentials. Basically the company has to be “legit” and stand behind their advertising and products, (by the way there are plenty of frauds out there. You can just read some of the news feeds on the Find Sweepstakes site). Then it has to be easy to sign up, with as little private information required as possible and be a fast sign up so the reader can move on with their day. That’s pretty much it.  

You mentioned your book earlier. How much is it and where can someone buy it?

Win Online Sweepstakes, the Quick and Easy Method is probably going to be about $10. It will include things like how to get a separate phone line (cheaply), a separate email address and how to manage emails and the marketing material that is sent to you, what browser to use when entering your information to do it faster, and just a whole lot of cool stuff to make entering sweepstakes fast and fun. I’m taking pre orders now. People can request information by going to: www.terscott.com/contact and ask about it. I will be sending a pdf. version at a reduced rate in exchange for reader’s feedback and testimonials.


Ter Scott is the “Bricks to Clicks Marketing Consultant” and has several websites, and over 100 blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment